Saturday, February 9, 2008

My journey

I have only 4 1/2 months left here with Mercy Ships and have reached a time where I need to start thinking about my next steps. I had purposely not thought about what I would do after Mercy Ships because I wanted to enjoy where I am without thinking about the future. But now, it's time to start some planning.

As a single person with few things to constrain me I have thousands of choices available to me about what I want to do with my life after Mercy Ships. It would be easier if I could get it down to two choices but when I have a thousand choices, I'm afraid I won't be able to decide.

So for fun, I set up this little quiz to get your input on the next journey of my life. I've listed some of the things I've thought about that are interesting to me and I would possibly like to do. So now you can vote on what you would like me to do. Just a disclaimer, this is just for fun and I'm not necessarily going to do what random strangers vote for - we'll see how it goes. Of if you have other ideas I haven't listed, you can post them in the comments.

The quiz is on the right hand side. Good luck, my entire future balances on the outcome of this! (not:)

3 comments:

Tyrone said...

Michelle, I think you should combine the Alaska one, with the working on and off and doing missions in between...thus maybe accomplishing more of your list, instead of restricting yourself to just one.

But if you are all for adopting from Liberia, then obviously it would be the opportune time to do it now, and then see whats realistic to do on your list from there.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I would think it would be easier to move in and out of jobs, lists, and missions with Nursing jobs, the software engineer/developer part sounds more finite (as in they really won't want you working small periods of time unless of course you know where to get contract or project work that eventually completes). But maybe you can use that skill with some mission opportunities?

Go for it, I think your list has multiple potential in any way and is probably pleasing to God for you to reach or do any of those things.

but then again, I am just a cook...and I love it!

Bobbi Schmidt said...

Hey, Michele! I voted for Blessman Medical Missions in SA, cuz I'd love to have a compadre in SA! Hmmm, do they need people other than nurses at their orphanage? I'm starting to consider what I'll do at the end of my term as well....can't really see going back to the States...but like you it's kinda wide open....right now I feel like my work with orphans isn't done, but want something a little more involved than what I'm doing in Cape Town at the moment....anyway, I'll pray for God's guidance for you!! Love, Bobbi

Amber said...

I vote travel nursing to support a missionary habit! I love Alaska, and summer through early fall would be such a great time to go. We went backpacking on the Kenai last summer, hiking through that vast untouched beauty just refreshes your soul. I highly recommend it!